Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Effects of Effexor

The Effects of Effexor (PMxxxi)


I have dropped one of my
meds again,
the dreaded effexor, have to go through the entire
week,
gravely ill,
doing a new job and wondering
how the fuck I am going to make
it to the end of the week
without anyone noticing.
Going off effexor as well as making you sick
to your stomach
also makes you cry for no
apparent reason,
at any given time or place.
Usually with me it is
triggered by a song,
many ones that are a reminder
of my childhood,
for instance, Pink Floyd
and The Who are definite full-blown
bawling triggers making
me stay upwind of anything Q107.
When I am out in public
I have cried from Tiny Tim, Metallica and
The Travelling Wilburys.
Anything "Pinawa" in my mind
would also set me off.

Why do I stop taking the drug if
it makes me feel so bad and is
such an unhealthy shock to my
body.
Its the only way I can get
back in control,
and feel some emotions again.
While on the drug everything
is predestined and I lose the ability
to make a conscious decision
about how I feel and why,
I don't dream when I am taking effexor,
when I go off, I dream
constantly, when I can sleep!
The dreams are stark,
macabre, always dark
violent and frightening but at
least they exist and I am
feeling them.
The old wives tale that you can;t
die in your dreams is a load
of shit,
I have died hundreds of times
dreaming,
plane crash, decapitation,
stabbing, shooting,
falling off a Swiss Alp,
and just recently crushed under
the wheels of a Subway
train,
I've done it all!!

MCC


No comments:

Post a Comment