Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sinful Correspondence

Sinful Correspondence

The lady was waiting for me at
the door as I climbed the
eight stairs to reach the top.
She was gorgeous, a real treat
to look at but I had noticed the
thin lips right from the bottom of the
stairs and I had become wary.

She was holding the letter and
tapping it against her other
hand, she waited for me to
reach the top before speaking.
Her beauty faded quite rapidly
as she began to speak.
"Are you stupid," she asked,
almost nonchalantly,
I stared but kept quiet as it
seemed to be one of those
questions that it didn't pay
to answer.
"This is the third time I have
got mail from these people,
it says number four,
and this is number six."
I looked at the letter
and noticed immediately that
she was right.
I had fucked up and now it
was time to face the music.
"You know I don't like the idea
that maybe you are delivering
my mail to another house," she
hissed, "You have to pay more
attention to your job."

I looked closely into her eyes
and saw Satan, I had
committed the ultimate sin and now
I had to answer to the demon.
"I mean, how hard is it to
look at the number and put it
in the right box, don't they
train you people on how to do
it right?"

One thousand invectives rose to
my lips and I stifled them
all. It was all I could do to
stop myself from reaching out
and strangling this woman,
after making her eat the letter.
I could reach down her throat
and pull out her heart but I
was unsure whether
I would find one beating
in there.
I reached out and grabbed the
letter and after verifying
that I had indeed made the
horrifying mistake,
I slowly reached over the
railing and deposited it into
the box next door.

The heavens did not open up
and strike me down,
I simply grinned,
turned around and walked
down the stairs.
I did not look back up the
stairs but a few houses down
I did hear a door slam.

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment