Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 25, 2010

Admonishment!

Admonishment (PM xi)



She sat across from me behind
her small desk in a large
office.
I didn't know what to make of
her,
and I knew she didn't know
what to expect from me.
The Human Rights Lady,
I had been ordered to visit
he today on account of
something I had said to a
co-worker,
something like he should kill
everyone if we pissed him off
so much.
I was only kidding, sort of,
but I had said it loud enough
for a weasel bitch in the office to
hear.
I had been made an example and
I just wanted to get this over
with,
before I git fed up and killed
someone!

She told me why I was there
and why I had to learn to
be careful of what I said.
I stifled the urge to start
an argument and agreed I should not have said it,
but,
it was a small station where
I knew everyone,
and surely they realized I
was only joking.
She looked stressed,
she groaned, a little noise
to make me feel as though
I was a moron.
"You need to say that you
understand you were wrong
and that your actions and
and words were unacceptable
in the workplace," she frowned
at me across the desk.

"I understand," I choked,
"but",
"No buts," she snapped.
I sighed and gave up,
"I understand."

She made me sign a letter
stating that I had committed
an offense,
that I understood
the consequences,
and that if it came up
again I could be charged
under the Human Rights Act,
Article # blah, blah,
fucking blah!

I try not to speak above a
dull whisper.
I don't discuss religion,
politics,
misogyny,
race,
sexual orientation,
and especially transvestites,
who seem to have more rights
than anyone in this
new era of complete
love and understanding.
Shut the fuck up and try to
be understanding of
hermaphrodites,
they are people too!
I was once admonished for
professing my love
for Mary Magdalene,
as though I had said something
sick?

MCC



No comments:

Post a Comment