Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Chocolate Flowers by Jori Nunes

CHOCOLATE FLOWERS BY JORI NUNES



A must read for anyone who is in crisis recovering from any kind of sexual, mental or physical abuse. Its not an easy read but the discomfort can transform that introverted part of you that is afraid to show people what is under that rock you are dragging around. Here is book review I wrote for Jori after I finished the book, and I will be the first to admit to the difficulty of reading and accepting it, the astounding part is the author is still alive and recovering and healing even after the excruciating job of writing it!

"I read Chocolate Flowers with some reservations. I have read many books on the subject 
due to my own childhood which was marred by sexual abuse. I didn't know what to expect 
from Jori, I had joined an online group which she is very involved in and I was impressed by 
the way shewrote and I realized that she was one of the first people I had ever heard that 
seemed to understand the stigma of sexual abuse. In short, she gets it. What she tells is
 an incredible story of survival and perseverance without shame. She is not looking for
 pity for what she has endured, nor does she ask for laurels for her determination to
 survive and perhaps help as many people as she can. For many of us who have 
survived sexual abuse life has become a jail cell that you are afraid to leave and 
I think Jori is trying to throw us a key. Nobodycan open the door for us and she has 
given me the hope that I can get myself out of this desolate landscape and take a 
chance to thrive. Chocolate Flowers does not beat around the bush but it is told
 with such candor and honesty that you might hope to believe that some of the
 evil in this world can be overcome. To anyone who has suffered any type of physical or sexual 
abuse this book is a must-read, but anyone who still hopes for the triumph of the spirit won't be 
disappointed."



It is available on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble. Find link here http://www.amazon.com/Chocolate-Flowers-Jori-Nunes/dp/0991013263/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417905872&sr=1-1&keywords=chocolate+flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment