Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dream Adventure

Dream Adventure (PMxxviii)



Somehow the cat got into
my lunch bag,
she is small, but not so
small that I wouldn't have
noticed her.
Apparently I had driven to
work that morning even
though my license was
suspended and I had a
flat tire.
I noticed there was an
abundance of cats at work
that day,
where previously there had been
none.
I had to check the underbelly of
every cat,
they were all black,
to find my cat's hysterectomy
scar.
I finally found her and went
to tell my boss.

I told him I had to go home for
twenty minutes because I
had accidentally brought my
cat to work.
He balked at first until I let
him know he could dock
my pay for the time I was
gone.
Incidentally there was a
Supreme Court Judge in today
and he had brought his
daughter to work.

For some reason my wife and
son were hiding behind some containers
near where my car was parked.
I offered to drive them home
and they seemed quite happy
about that
I collected the cat and my family
and got into the car with the
flat tire.

I drove straight toward a
nearby Shell Station
to put air in the tire.
The air came out too fast
as I pumped it in.
The tire was fucked,
I guess I had tried to
patch it with electrical tape
but I had failed
miserably.

I decided to make the run
for home,
there was construction all
over the place and I was
having enough trouble
with the flat tire,
trying to manoeuvre myself
on to Kennedy,
and elude all the cops so I
wouldn't get a ticket for
driving while under suspension.
I awoke before I got home!

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment