Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not Sure Which Circle

Not Sure Which Circle (PMxxvii)



I have been sentenced
to the fourth or fifth
circle of hell. I'm not sure which
and I'll have to
brush up on my Dante
to register it properly.

I have a desk on a lonely
loading dock.
In the last three hours
I have received six
boxes, so small it has
precluded me from even
getting up from my chair.

People drop nt, some I know,
others I don't.
many I don't want to even
under the direst circumstances.

I have been left to rot,
like an unripened pear,
left n the windowsill
surrounded by fruitflies
and turning black on the
bottom.
I will only be noticed
when I start to smell and
only then will I be discarded
with the rest of the
rotting refuse., which will begin its'
long journey toward being
reborn.

Who is punishing me?
I keep tracking the obvioud
on a maze and
unfortunately I always
come back to myself.
Really bad fucking decisions
always culminate leaving me
standing alone,
talking to the wind and
trying to blame the last leaf
on the tree for my own
transgressions.
Its hard to take the blame!

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment