Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Peanut Butter and Tomato Sandwich

Peanut Butter and Tomato Sandwich (PMxiv)


I noticed more and more
the rolling waves,
almost tsunami-like in their
fierceness.
They were in my head yet I
had no idea where they
had come from,
and more importantly
what it was they wanted.

My focus would only last
seconds and I would find
myself staring blankly at a
wall,
trying to make sense of the
shadows,
that frequently danced
fooling me into believing
that I was their creator,
and they were not just
random bits of light projected
by the movement of a hundred
different employees,
who unlikely were paying very
little attention to me.

I hung on, moving forward and
hoping the dense fog would
disappear and bring me back to
the real world,
where I never belonged,
nor had any inkling to join.

I was still chasing shadows on
the wall when I realized that
lunch was over,
and I had been left by
my peers,
unwoven,
left to fend for myself against
demons, bent on destroying
my livelihood in the name
of corporate greed.
If someone above you always
seems to be holding a gun
your only hope is to keep fighting until
you know they have gone away.

MCC



No comments:

Post a Comment