Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blue is Back

Blue is Back (PM xxxvi)



Blue is Back!
God, I love that cat!


If I'm working really
hard, it's because the guys
upstairs
are working even harder.
I would bash in the face
anyone who tried to convince
me of that.
A short time as a "rat dodger" I
have come to notice a few
things.
When a "boss" drops the stuff off
himself he invariably tries to pass
himself or herself off as a hard
done by soul who has to work so
hard to keep food on the table.
As the exhaust from their Lexus,
BMW or Mercedes wafts into my
surroundings and I point to the
"Turn Off Your Engine" sign,
I have come to notice the presence
of golf clubs in the trunk under
all the mail.
I then also notice that these people
are not dressed in the traditional
three-piece suit
these having been replaced by
orange pants and
L'Acoste alligator embroidered
golf shirts.
The look of forlornness and
desperation is probably due to
worrying about the one o'clock
tee-off time and not whether the
mail will reach its' intended
customer in time for the back to
school sale.

A loose comment regarding the
beauty of the weather in relation to
the grand game of golf earned me
a sigh and a confession that there
had not been too much time for any
kind of fun this summer.
This person did not clean his
equipment well and his clubs were
well covered with fresh dirt.
Considering whether or not to ask
him if he needed a new caddie
I let him remain in his remorse,
and his good nature for not
rubbing his good fortune
in my face.

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment