Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Deluge

Deluge (PM IXL)



The sky was clear when I
boarded the bus yesterday. Two
miles to the south on Kennedy
I disembarked from the Ark
into the beginning of the flood.
Due to my umbrella the very top
of my head remained remarkably
dry, the rest of my body completely
drenched right to the scrotum.
My shoes were sopped completely
inundated I hoped for the best
and foolishly left them outside for
the night hoping the fresh cool air
would dry them.
My scientific knowledge let me down
and I began the day with
unwearable shoes, they were
still dripping,
the only shoes I could find at
such short notice,
morning without looking very
hard,
were my son's Pink Floyd
commemorative collector's edition
All-Star running sneakers,
they are nothing special
really,
black with white trim
and The Dark Side Of the Moon
prism and rainbow painted on the
back heel.
I believe they cost almost a
hundred bucks and to be honest,
they were not very comfortable.

However,
wearing these shoes has
allowed me to steal back a small
amount of my youth,
memories of hours of acid-laced euphoria
lying on my bed with the
speakers almost as high as they
could take.
The incessant heartbeat that permeates
the album making it come alive
and flow through you instead of
just into you.
Cacophonous laughter, raving lunatics
and the admission that
I've always been mad,
the lunatic is in my head,
and the sun is indeed
eclipsed by the moon.

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment