Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blue Friday

Blue Friday (PM IL)


The air has cooled down immensely
and I am awaiting the impending
storm.
It is Friday and office workers
I generally never see are sneaking out
to their cars and leaving way too
early.
Employees are dropping their
stuff off in a race to get their
weekends started early,
compromising their driving ability
as well as their work ethic
I'm certain.
The sun tries to poke its' head
through the clouds but I'm
sure its going to pour,
hopefully before I get the hell
out of here.
I have read the daily newspaper
three times
and absorbed nothing,
the free papers seem to carry
the most worthless news stories,
most of which are over three
days old.

The parking lot is nearing full
capacity meaning everyone is
back and free of another
work week. I see some still
struggling their way in but they
are also done for the day,
at least mentally.

As I while away the last few hours
on a Friday afternoon I
realize the futility of rage
and hatred, if only in my mind,
I should be able to transfer it to
my hourly dealings with
all time-consumers.
Yet I feel the pull of denial and
of boredom,
feeding on every last neuron that
I possess,
bringing forth from my soul such a
frothy lament that I can't quash it,
nor can I sum up the immense
strength it would take to
completely cover up.
The second hand is moving
slower but it is still moving,
time has that awful way of
always being in control,
manifesting itself especially
when we delude ourselves
to believe that we are in
the driver's seat.

I felt the tug of time lose its
grip on my soul one time
in my life and I thought I
was going to die.
I was scared but very
reasonable and accepting to the
inevitable,
berating myself easily for not
doing enough than for doing
too much.
The feeling passed while I was in
consciousness,
and I regretted the passing
as though I had made it that
far, how could I be fucked with
even worse and have it taken
away?
Of course the light remained
on for the rest of the night and
I was able to greet another
sunrise, although even in the
dead of winter, it did appear.

MCC


No comments:

Post a Comment