Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Foie Gras

Foie Gras (PM XLVII)


I caught a quick glimpse today
of an e-mail addressed to a
supervisor that I'm pretty sure
I was not supposed to see.
Apparently somebody had phoned
in because they saw an employee
chasing a Canada goose
in the Hillier Avenue
parking lot.
They wanted to know if the employees
had nothing better to do than
chase assorted wildlife during
the work day.

I was the goose chaser!
Actually I wasn't chasing the
fucking thing.
I had got off the bus and
walking to the plant I encountered
the goose when I walked around
a truck.
Usually they run away but
this one was brave and
was not giving me the right
of way.
I did not chase him, I lunged
in his direction hoping to change
his direction and for me to avoid
getting billed. I have been snapped
at by a goose before and
it hurts.
Anyways the goose and I
reconciled, he went his way and
I went mine.
I can't imagine who the witness
was that decided it was important
enough to send an e-mail.
I didn't notice anyone and I
don't usually check parked
cars for occupants when I
am coming into work. When I'm
leaving, its a different story.

The e-mail got covered before I could
covertly finish reading it so I
am not sure what the final
action to be taken was going to be.

I tried successfully not to worry about
it for the rest of the day,
as I was sure the union would be
able to back me up.
Goose-Gate was a dead duck.

MCC




No comments:

Post a Comment