Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 6, 2010

More Effexor Withdrawal

More Effexor Withdrawal (PM XL)



Day four of effexor withdrawal
is hard,
but it has the feeling of moving
forward instead of behind.
Overall health such as nausea,
aches and pains are on the ebb,
although there is a strong
increase in the
'crying for no reason' or crying
initiated by a real bizarre
reference such as a song on a
television show.
Frequent urination is certainly
an inconvenient side-effect,
especially when you are expected to
remain in one place unless
you are physically relieved.
I have had to make a number
of unannounced runs to
the loo but luckily they have either
gone unnoticed or it has been so slow
I was not missed.

My body responds better physically,
instead of slumping against a wall
or lie on a couch,
helpless.
I am able to overcome the
black and move past my mind
to complete tasks,
whereas two nights ago I
could not force myself to get
up and do the dishes
after supper,
last night I could do the dishes
and take the garbage
out without the world falling apart.

My sleep remains terrible and
inefficient, I sleep for maybe
an hour and a half, two hours
and then I have to get up
to urinate.
Then, stupidly, instead of trying to
go back to bed right away,
I'll go downstairs for a smoke,
thereby waking myself up even
more and stealing much
needed rest from myself.

Although the reality is that
Zopiclone has ceased to
work as an effective
sleep-aid, I can't imagine
being without it.
Out of all the drugs I take,
to me it is the most
important and the last one
I would give up.
It calms my brain even though
it doesn't always let my body
relax completely.
It works the best when I take it
with a small amount of food,
a sandwich, ice cream or
a banana,
eat too much and the effect get lost
in the food.
Eat too little and you have to
pick through your own vomit to
try and take it again.
I joined a Zopiclone support
group a while ago on Facebook,
but usually everyone is too
stoned to respond properly to
anything I post there.
Lorazepam is smooth, I'll give
it that,
but it will never take place
of the Blue Wonder,
Oh that magnificent mixture of
wonderful chemicals and a little
touch of magic and hope,
all wrapped up into a
tiny little pill,
7.5 mgs of rhovane
bound with some jell-o-like
substance I imagine,
making so many people happy,
the world over.

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment