Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 14, 2010

No Pleasing Some People

No Pleasing Some People (PM XLVI)



"Hey Bud," he called,
Fuck, if there's anything I hate
being called more than Bud,
I have yet to hear it.
I would sooner be called
anything else,
Diana, big nose, small dick,
fatty or smelly,
but not Bud.
It was 10:30 am and he told me
he had a load of flyers that had
to start being delivered the following
Tuesday.
Not knowing if this was possible I
went back to the office
to ask someone.
I was told there was a chance they
might not be started on Tuesday
and thats the way it was.
Noticing that there would be no
further effort to appease this fellow
I simply went back and told him
that they probably would go through
BUT there was a chance they could go
out a day later.

He looked pissed.
He pulled a fifty dollar bill out of his
pocket and offered it to me.
Long weekend, I was tempted,
but I had no control.
"Look Bud," I said, "I can only
move it so far down the line
then I would have to start paying
people and to be honest, fifty
bucks wouldn't go very far."
"They are going to go out on time
don't worry."
He put the bill back in his pocket,
"Have a nice fucking weekend Bud," he
spat before getting back into his
car.
I watched as he drove away,
seething from the "Bud" comment
I waited until after the cut-off
time to process his order.
God, I hate being called "Bud!"

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment