Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 3, 2013

PARADISO

Paradiso
PM1303035


More eyes have descended
upon me as I slept and I
awake to find myself at the
bottom of a pit.
The walls are built up
of stone balconies and I
languish at the bottom under
a bright light, a Klingon trial
of sorts if my memory
serves me correctly.
I have already lost the battle,
the war continues but only
mop up operations are being carried
out as the damage is
severe and healing is impossible.

I wince as I am pricked by
the morphine injector,
I guess its over, they only give
morphine to the ones who are
going to die anyway,
Oh, well.

The penalty for not being able to
co-exist is banishment,
not just from paradise
life, as well, as if the very idea
of existing somewhere else is just
as unacceptable.

I hit the ground with my mind 
running but my feet are motionless.
If only I could get the 
two in sync, or even just the feet
moving would be enough to get me
the hell out of there.
But I am too slow,
and even the weakest of their
warriors has no trouble catching up to
me and slicing my head clean off
my body.
I watch my head roll from the
inside, spinning and spinning,
I become dizzy but there is no
pain and my head finally rests
against the stone wall.
The walls are wet and drops of
water fall on my face, while I
close my eyes to shield them I
realize I will be unable to
open them again and my
fear becomes reality. Slowly, sensation
leaves and I feel myself
fading like a fine perfume mist
that is there one second and then
gone the next.

My body is miles away and my
head is detached,
I have discovered Xanadu but
I can't get the lock off the gate,
I have forgotten the combination.


MCC


No comments:

Post a Comment