Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 14, 2013

ATTITUDE CRISIS

Attitude Crisis
PM1303141


Minding my own business one
day, I was approached by a
woman in a subway station.
Friendly enough, she said hello,
and waiting for a bus I was 
bored so I said hello back.
She then said to me,
"I noticed you standing out
here and I saw that you
were smoking."
I replied, " Yes, I was."
"Don't you know you
aren't supposed to smoke out here?"
"Well," I said," I was alone and I
didn't think I would bother anyone."
"Well, I noticed you," she said.
"You know," I started, "there are usually
twenty busses out here at
any given time and their emissions
are far worse than anything that could come
from one little cigarette."
"It doesn't matter, it's against the law
and I noticed you," she was actually
turning red.

I sensed the talk was about to go south
so I took a different tact,
"You know, its funny, you keep
saying you noticed me but why is
it that I didn't notice you?"
She looked confused, "I don't know
why, I was right there inside the station."
"What, right there," I pointed inside the
station to a bench behind the
glass.
"Yes, right there, you must have seen me."
I smacked myself in the forehead as though
just realizing I could have had a V-8,
"I know what happened," I said, "I
didn't notice you because,
unlike you,
I was minding my own fucking business."

Her jaw dropped several inches, then she
turned and stomped off, heels clicking on
the concrete.

As my bus pulled away I saw her
approaching, accompanied by a very
bored looking supervisor,
I tried to wave goodbye but she
didn't notice me as she had spotted
another criminally insane smoker hiding
behind a wall in the distance.

Meanwhile black exhaust
fumes belched from behind the bus
and hid her from view as we turned
the corner and sped over the bridge.
Where have all the good times gone?


MCC




No comments:

Post a Comment