Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 15, 2013

GRASS WEEDS

Grass Weeds
PM1303154



The fear chased after me on Saturday and
Sunday but did not overtake
I was too quick.
Forgetting about work I set in strongly
and protected myself from her evil work,
the way she pulls at my brain stems and
tries to clog up my heart,
stopping the blood and killing me slowly,
I don't know how to react but I know I
must run,
not to feel the steely, icy grip that cannot
be unclenched by even the greatest will.
No matter how fast I run there is never
a good place to hide,
when I come upon one that seems good
enough,
I talk myself out of it, bad reasoning
as to how it can be breached and
how long I will last in the shadow.
The shadow moves faster and will still one
day envelop them all, I know this but I must
run from it anyway, knowing the day I am
caught I will beg to be tortured but it will
refuse and I will have to face it fully sane
and fully clothed.

It is not what I fear but is also
everything I fear at the same time.
I will be forced to stand up straight,
shaking knees and sore feet will go
against me but I will be held up by a
power yet unseen, blood will harden and I
will stand as rigid as a statue,
hovering over an ancient background,
fallen bodies and blood long replaced by grass
weeds and wildflowers, a blight upon the
existence of man yet the beauty of nature
overcomes all. One foot lies firmly embedded
in the sand while the other is just as secure
entrenched in the mud, neither can break free but
one isn't as bad as the other.

I cease to struggle, it only makes matters 
worse and I wait for the light to come on
and blind me in it's magnificence. I shield
my eyes, waiting for the blindness that will
soon overtake me, I welcome it as much
as I fear it.

Here comes the candle to light you to bed,
Here comes the chopper to chop off your head.
Winston, you should have stayed in your own
apartment, things were a lot safer there.


MCC


No comments:

Post a Comment