Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 3, 2013

OCELOT SPLEENS

Ocelot Spleens
PM1303037


Looking in the mirror
I see a shell and that shell
is me.

My face is sinking into itself
and gravity is taking it's toll
on my body.
I try to lie down as much
as possible to stall the downward
motion but it continued
and I succumbed.
Winter is long gone but I
still fell it deep within my
bones and even if I light a match
I can't melt the ice that has
formed in my veins
and I realize you can't put
out a fire with more fire,
you need water and lots of it.

Back to the mirror I look
deep into my eyes, a void now
whereas it used to be a kaleidoscope.
All the sparkles have fallen to
the bottom and only spinning
white remains and I only get dizzy
when I try to turn my ears
to try and make it work.

I jump headfirst into the ocean,
knowing that I risk breaking my neck
on a sandbar.
The stingrays and jellyfish
are forlorn as stinging an
already paralyzed body is a
sheer waste of resources and
punishable much later.

I open my eyes, underwater
and once the initial
saltwater sting goes away I
see the most amazing hues of
green and blue, aquamarine
and amethyst, colors that surround
my head and beckon me to rise
but my mouth is full of
sand and my neck is broken.
I am unable to breathe but I
can feel the water filling up my
lungs as the pressure forces
the air out but luckily I am
already dead so there is nothing
left to explode.

I am splayed and flat on the
sand and the tide will soon wash
me up on shore or bury me for
a time, hopefully preserving me but
I know I will be found,
mostly eaten and decayed.

Look before you leap,
or don't leap unless you
have a general idea of how far you can fall.


MCC



No comments:

Post a Comment