Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 24, 2009

Withdrawn Dream # 1











I see the word "XUES" and I think it means tuesday, in fact I know it means tuesday.
I am in Jamaica, I know it is Jamaica as I have been there before although the scenery is
very "daliesque" and I think I feel cold.
I recognize the area around Montego Bay airport although the mountains are larger than I had imagined.
I am with a friend but i can't tell who it is, but I am sure I know the person.
I arrive at a hotel that I don't recognize but I am sure I am still in Jamaica,
it is a luxury hotel and there is a big-screen tv in the room.
I watch tv for a while, there is a newscast about a war,
I think its Afghanistan but I can't be sure.
I am outside on the beach, it is dark but I'm sure its still daytime,
there are lots of people but I don't recognize anyone,
It starts to snow but I'm not cold.
There are three roads leading up the mountain,
I choose the one on the right,
I get back to the hotel and enter.
There is a pool and spa with lots of plants
but everything is black and white.
There are stairs everywhere and I take the ones on my right which lead to a hallway.
The doors are like what you would find on a lower deck of a ship,
they are airtight and they open with a wheel.
I enter the room that has the word "Crane" written in crayon.
I enter the room and I am sitting with my parents when they were young.
They want to know why I am here
and I tell them that I met one of my girlfriends there on a previous trip,
they do not believe me and I leave the room once more.
I go downstairs and sit for a while by the pool,
there are no swimmers, but people are everywhere.
I recognize none of them.
I believe I have to go to work,
to pay for my room but I convince myself that it was just a trick and I don't
have to work.
I go back outside and walk around the snowy beach, I am not cold,
I see lots of people and they are hostile but they don't speak to me.
I want to go back to the hotel but for some reason I take the middle road,
I end up in a "Dickensian" London scene, I get scared and run back to the main road.
I take the right way this time and walk into the hotel,
this time I can't find my room,
there are people hanging around in the hallways,
they notice me but they do not speak.
I look out the window and see more snow falling on the beach,
I think this is where I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment