Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

On Reflection























The funeral is over and everyone has gone home. The casket has been incinerated and now everyone will try and return to a normal existence without my mother, who, as incapacitated as she was, still played an important role in my life. Over the past week I have been forced to reflect on the positive role she played in my upbringing while political correctness kept me from bringing up less endearing images. 
   The part of me that wants to reveal the entire scope of errors, bad judgement and surreal misadventures has chosen to remain dormant for the time being, destined for poetry that can be read at a later date. I believe my mother is either in heaven or on the way there and she will let me know how to proceed.

Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment