Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Noli Me Tangere

Noli Me Tangere

I decided to let Easter Sunday take a rather loose and uneventful way so as to not instill the sense of drama and lamentation that usually manages to spoil it for some. My family and I attended mass this morning, the church was crowded with many faces we do not see the rest of the year. That's fine, I do not keep records and each individual has his or her reasons for not attending mass every week. The semon was boxed and extracted from the Catholic workbook of Easter sermons that I Lost interest very early and had to use the time to reflect for myself.

My thought turned to Mary Magdalene, the woman with the alabaster jar. She was easily the most upset at the disappearance of Jesus and had to be convinced by the Angel as well as Jesus that he had risen, not to heaven yet, but he was on his way. Her faith never held her down and neither did her absolute trust. She truly loved jesus and there is not doubt that Jesus loved her.

I visited my mother and father later and then to dinner at my father's house prepared by my cousins. No feel of Easter was evident in the house, lots of chocalate easter bunnies and eggs and just generally lots of white sugar to prime the parts of the young ones.
My mother has days to live and my father is still in denial as to how long she will win. I hate the whole spectacle and I hate to see my mother suffering too much. I wish I was the one who had to make the final decision. That is my opiinion, I don't make the decisions.

The house smells like death, not because of the lack of cleanliness, someone has already died in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment