Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 10, 2013

SATURATION

SATURATION
PM1302102


The rain has stopped long ago
but I can still hear it,
pitter, patter, pitter, patter,
moving along the eaves and
then down the spout, I can
even her it seeping into the
ground and the worms become
active with the first droplets
absorbed by their bodies.
The drops splash onto the deck,
wood, metal of the barbeque,
plastic pepsi bottles in the
recycling bin and the metal roof
of the shed.
The trees are shedding the bud
casings early this year because
of the warm weather and they
lay scattered across the top of the patio
table. Once they dry they will blow 
away with a stiff wind,
but until then I am sentenced to
sweep them up and then scatter
them across the lawn where
they belong.
Nature will know what to do
with them even when I do not.
Pods of rain have formed in the
small gullies in the yard and
the birds have come to wash and drink,
some stay in the trees,
on lookout for the cat who
is patient and can wait
for one of them to let their guard 
dow. I watch from the picture
window, steaming cup of coffee in
hand as I dream of going outside
when the rain stops,
but secretly yearning to run around
in the rain and get really wet.
Beads form along the top of the 
railing yet I know I will still
lean there the next time I go out
and my arms will get all wet.
I will walk out in my socks and
they will become soaked, but
I will still change them two or 
three times in one day.
The sun is not going to peek through
today, too many clouds,
even when the rain has stopped,
the clouds will not clear and
it will remain dreary throughout,
giving the sun time to rest and
to catch up on it's thoughts.

I can hide behind the clouds
for a short time but must always
come back out when they clear,
caught by surprise, a hole in the clouds.


MCC



No comments:

Post a Comment