Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 10, 2013

PAINTED ICICLES


PAINTED ICICLES
PM 1302101


I feel a dagger sticking straight
into my heart,
as I watch the days slowly
move past in ultra fast motion
never moving,
head bobbing on one direction,
life gives me the finger as
it passes me by.

"Fuck you," it says,
with that shit-eating grin I have
come to know so well,
like a camel that has finally dehydrated
to the point where it is about to expire,
who is so damn smug now,
even your hump didn't save you 
from the sun.

Pick up the shards of glass that have
been discarded on the desert floor,
pretend they are ice cubes
and let them melt into your stomach.
The reward for eating a cactus is
all the water you can drink even
though you will certainly bleed
to death before being able to slake your
thirst.

First one to the top of the
mountain will be the first to die
from oxygen deprivation,
and the first to the bottom of the sea
will be the one to feel the excruciating
agony when their lungs explode.
Sally Simpson was cool even
though her parents didn't get it,
and that scar across her face was her
medal to prove it.

The movement in here has become stagnant,
fans are going and the heater
above my head blasts fire at me but
my blood has become icy cold,
I can feel the wind as people
pass, odors of sweat and jerk pork
sandwiches mixed with shit
and fear,
so much fear in every direction
I turn.
The cold tap is left on constantly
and blisteringly hot water froths
from the spout.

I can't sing,
the words won't come to me and
I don't feel like it anyway.
I dream of maggot but I
know it is an unattainable idea
and will only lead to disappointment,
the question never asked and
absolutely nothing gained.

I search high and low for the straw
that broke the camel's back.


MCC


No comments:

Post a Comment