Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 17, 2013

CYPRUS GARDEN

CYPRUS GARDEN
PM 1302172



Back in a dream, I wrestled
with an alligator and it was 
winning, but just as it was
about to rip my arm to shreds
it disappeared as fast as it had
jumped out of my neighbors pool.
I searched in vain for the alligator
not sure if I wanted to wrestle with
it again or if I just wanted to be
certain that it had existed and it
wasn't all a dream.

Then, as always, I set out to
try and discover the meaning of
life which has been eluding me
for some time, well, for all of my
life at least. The highway always
seems to go on forever and I wish
there was a mountain at the end,
or a lighthouse, or even a pyramid,
something to strive for, a goal.
If it appeared that there was
something in the distance it wouldn't
be so hard to believe that I was 
actually trying to get somewhere.

The desert is hot and dry and I am
so thirsty, cow skulls and
tumbleweeds litter the landscape
like I was in an old western,
but I don't run into any horses,
John Wayne, or anyone else for that
matter.
Once in a while I will pass a pool,
the water will always be sparkling,
blue and refreshing and I long to strip
down and take a swim.
But I know from experience that the
water will disappear as soon as I immerse
a toe and I am left there, standing
naked in the middle of the desert. I
make it a point now never to take off
my clothes in a dream because they
often disappear and I am filled with
anxiety that I might suffer a rattlesnake
bite on softer skin.

Once I resume walking I usually
find myself dressed again without
even thinking about it and the clothes
are never different but they always
seem to be cleaner than they were
before.

Please, one day, I hope to have a
lighthouse at the end of my dream
road, I don't care how far it is in the
distance, or whether I am clothed or not,
all I want is a destination
to strive for and I think a solitary,
lonely lighthouse is just what I'm looking for.


MCC


No comments:

Post a Comment