Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 17, 2013

BLUE RAGE

BLUE RAGE
PM 1302171



Death by boredom, I have
the ability to chase that one
away today and I cash that
cheque at the first bank I
pull up to.
It's dark, but I move with stealth
feeling the interiors of the walls
that are only familiar to my eyes
and not to touch.
But I can still remember most,
some parts of my brain have not
been affected and I can remember
the words to a song I heard as
long ago as 1972 as if I heard it
for the first time an hour ago.
One more wall to stretch my arms
across and I will be free,
a small hallway that leads to
the bedroom, I fall into bed
pass out, and hopefully when I 
come to it will be daylight or the
power will have come back on.

I hear the cat and the dog rustling
about, they missed me, but they
will have to wait until I get to
bed before I greet them, I don't
want to step on them by mistake.

We had left the bar in a hurry as
there had been a fight outside,
just a goofy kid who had been
let out for the first time and had
decided to make a fool out of himself.
One shot in the nose and it had
shattered beneath my fist, sending
a stream of blood shooting out one
nostril and splattering on the sidewalk.
I felt so bad, I hadn't wanted to hit
him that hard but it was as if he had
stepped forward into my fist and I had
made contact long before I had intended.
When I arrived home, bravado gone
and sleep rearing, the power was off
and the darkness was all pervading.
I managed the front door with help
of the car's headlights but was at
the mercy of my memory once I entered
the house.

Finally as my shin crashed into the
side of the bed I knew I was safe
and i dive into the sheets, asleep
before the waves stopped and as I
awoke the next morning I was happy
to see the alarm clock flashing on the 
night table.

Nothing was lost except my pride
when I noticed all the blood on my
knuckles and hands,
and a nice bruise on my shin where
I had crashed into the bed.


MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment