Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Workplace Hazard

Workplace Hazard
(PM XLIV)


Red had left early that day,
much earlier than usual as
said he had a number of errands
to run after work.
I think he only drank about
three beers that morning
which was light for him.
I vaguely remember saying
goodbye as he flew out the
back door like a wet cat.

Fifteen minutes later there was
a commotion in the back parking
lot by the loading docks.
I got outside in time to see Red
standing there in his underwear.
His clothes, mail bag and mail
lay strewn on the ground beside
him.
"I'll fucking see you all tomorrow,"
he yelled as I wondered what had
got into him.
His car exploded out of the parking
lot leaving the remnants in a lonely
pile on the concrete.
Within ten feet of the pile, reasons became clear
the smell of skunk rose in my nostrils
once again inspiring my gag reflex.

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment