Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Catnip

Catnip
(PM L!V)


I heard the thud on the floor
as he cat made a less
than cat-like jump from the
couch onto the hardwood.
She was graceful, lithe
and had a beautiful shiny
coat.
She came home doped up
after the operation
and was in a bit of a daze
for a day or two.
She would occasionally look
at me closely as if to ask
why we had put her through
a hysterectomy.
Surely her instinct couldn't
tell her what we had
done,
and what she would be missing.
I don't think she was really
mad at me but since
the whole episode,
I feel she doesn't wholly
trust me anymore.

Last night I woke up and she was
batting my feet,
I don't know if I had been
disturbing her,
or she was just playing with me.
She gets groggy when she sleeps
and the first half hour after she
wakes up is usually spent in
what I believe to be a
hallucinogenic paradise.
I hear her cry sometimes when
I am asleep and when I
go and search for her,
I will find her alone, staring
at the wall where maybe there
was a caterpillar a minute ago.
She cries to go outside when its raining
and when I open the door and she
sees the water coming down
she looks at me angrily and berates
me for allowing it to rain
on her property.

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment