Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 5, 2010

We Have No Need For A New Yogi Bear

We Have No Need for A New Yogi Bear
PMCCLVII






It took a while to be able to tell my true feelings about the
new Yogi Bear 3-D Movie, I was upset when I first
found out. Yogi was one of childhood heroes and probably
for all the wrong reasons. First of all he was a rebel, he lived
off the main highway and had to steal to survive
in his own habitat. He refused to be himself and do what
bears do and eat what bears eat. He ridiculed authority,
Ranger Smith, who was quite obviously gay, was his nemesis
and he concentrated all his time into outwitting
him yet still they formed a symbiotic relationship. There were those
that thought Yogi might also be gay what with his little buddy
Boo-Boo and all but we must remember his love for Cindy-Bear
and that other weird female bear that escaped from
the zoo. I just think he thought more of his stomach
than he did about sex and lets just leave it at that.



Yogi Bear was the Homer Simpson of the seventies, surviving
despite stupidity could have been his motto and his
inexplicable need to do the opposite of any sane individual
left us reeling in laughter and breeding a special
love and respect for his foil, Boo-Boo. I have not seen the new
3-D movie or for that matter, even read about it. I'm afraid
what we are in for is a politically-correct, green, Obama-loving, Bush-hating
tamer and smarter bear that we should have left back in the
seventies with his buddies Huckleberry and Quickdraw. The idea
that children will clamour to hug this new, gentler, wild bear is not sitting well
with me and I urge you not to see it. Stay at home with some good
old-fashioned pot and watch all the episodes on Youtube.
I leave you with the immortal words of my hero;
"Looks more, like a sycamore, to me!"






No comments:

Post a Comment