Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Barbecuing 10

Barbecuing 101
(PM XLVIII)


In honor of Goose-Gate I am
going to bbq chicken tonight.
I have come close to perfecting a
dry-rub which is very basic
but it is mine.
Rubbed basil, fresh thyme and a triple soupçon
of Cayenne pepper form the main ingredients
along with kosher salt and fresh cracked
pepper.
I also add garlic powder, dry parsley,
dry hot mustard, fresh chopped rosemary and
dried oregano.
I cannot stress enough the fact
that I use absolutely no tarragon
at all. I have always disliked
tarragon and I would notice even
the smallest quantity.
Don't fuck me around on the
tarragon!!
Lately I have added two new members
to the dry rub although in
minute quantities.
Allspice, just a pinch, enough to feel the
aroma gently caress and meld
with the already pungent rub.
Now, thanks to the Food Network, I
also grind a good size tablespoon
of nutmeg into there.
I tried Bbqing steaks with nutmeg
a couple of weeks ago and
they were an instant hit,
incidentally one of the diners was an
adamant nutmeg hater!
I think I cured him, the only problem
is if I tell him,
he wouldn't like it.

I'll bathe the chicken in this
concoction rubbing it into the more
tender and hidden parts, making sure
I get plenty under the skin.
After letting it sit for maybe an hour or so
I'll bathe it in a little President's Choice Habanero
tequila BBQ sauce
just before putting it on the grill.
Depending on the size of the chicken
pieces, I usually leave them on for
an hour and a half on low, indirect
heat. This broils them up nicely.
caramelizing the BBQ sauce and just letting
them bathe in their glory.

Result- Perfect tasting chicken,
a little exotic with a zing of Habanero
and Cayenne pepper tickling the back
of your throat with each bite you take.
You won't specifically taste the nutmeg
but it will speak to you
all the way down your throat,
so brush ip on your Spanish!
By the way, don't fuck with the
chicken while it is cooking,
it will take care of itself.
Dried cumin and epices Provencal,
use them if you got them.



No comments:

Post a Comment