Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Despair and Depravity

Despair and Depravity
(PM LX)


I have become one of the
"bad machines"
from Midnight Express, doomed
to walk around
in a circle in the basement
until I can be fixed
How I want to break free from that
condemned walk,
and go counter-clockwise,
shoving people out of the way and
drawing the attention of the
fixers,
that maybe I am slipping
slowly away from their grip.
Why do we have to reach the
very pit of despair and depravity
before someone reaches out to
help us.
Wouldn't it be easier to catch
sight of the souls tumbling
through the cosmos and try
to soften their landing pad
instead of trying to pick up the
pieces that have shattered
on a cold, tiled bathroom floor.

The neurons in the brain misfire
at times or do not reach across
the synapses to fire the motors
that drive you,
or so I've understood.
One of the drugs I take tries
to make the connection better,
and in doing so,
will better help me function
in society, with my family,
co-workers,
blah, blah, blah,
Wouldn't it make more sense for
me to learn to live within
society with what I have,
workable or not?
Altering my brain function
and usage has not worked,
it has alienated me more from
reality, and if I didn't have
a more patient wife and son
I would truly be fucked.
I can live inside the boundary
for a short amount of time
before slipping over the border
occasionally to dabble in what I
call "semi-blind futility".
I forget to pay bills
I spend compulsively and lose
track of money and time.
I procrastinate like crazy and I
do not complete half the
tasks I am obligated to
undertake.
Importanly I lose my vision
of reaction,
consequences disappear and
lock themselves into a part of
my brain that I can see but I do not
hear or take heed.
By the time I react,
its too late,
and I suffer because I
am conscious of my faults,
just too late to try and
avoid them.

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment