Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 25, 2012

CONTRITE

PM1211245

CONTRITE




Curtains have been drawn,
and no amount of light has
managed to inch its way in,
so I try to remain asleep, even
though I know I was never asleep 
in the first place.

I hear dogs in the distance,
howling at imaginary rabbits
that yearned to be chased across the
backyard only to be caught in
the end and be ripped to shreds
by razor-sharp teeth.

Birds fly over the scene and witness
all but they offer no help,
not even the offer to act as a 
witness to the brutality.
The screams from the neighbors 
are audible but muted,
lots of noise,but no words,
as if they scream at each other
but they have their own code so as
not to give away their deepest
secrets,
but we know something is wrong,
they are not discussing today's racing
page or a stock market plunge
prediction.

The kettle finally steams
and lava boils up and pours
over the rim
marking the mountain forever
while covering up the most recent
tidbits of shame and ugliness.

We are too cruel and we know it,
who can talk about love and
compassion while eating a cheeseburger,
or listen to a speech on equality
while the only thing you can think of
to stop the chatter,
is to ram your cock in her mouth.

Even when the curtains
are finally opened wide,
only darkness and more darkness
fills the room, the glowing tip
of a cigarette butt, the only star
in the sky,

Dreams of Hilda Doolittle,
and Sheri Martinelli,
from sepia-inspired fantasies.
Scrotal sacs are folded up
 and loaded onto the truck,
a fond farewell to mud, dog-shit
and snot-filled tissues.

The range has moved on and I
feel as though yet another ship has
sailed, I had the keel in my
back pocket but then I couldn't
walk very well, could I?


MCC

NB- Some disturbing imagery in there, I know, finding it harder and harder to keep it below the surface, MCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment