Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 25, 2012

AUTO-CREATION

PM1211242

AUTO-CREATION


I worried about leaving the
house this morning, thinking
I had set off a chain of events
the night before that couldn't
be stopped or even slowed down.
A nasty look here and there,
sharp retort and a look and 
feeling of general disgust pervaded
my being, in his presence,
yet I stood firm and refused to 
feel, I refused to be drawn in
to open my mouth would be to
seal my fate,
and I have resisted for so long
that I can even imagine that I
have won the battle.

The war must be almost over
and with my removal I will only
be able to look backwards
and rue what I destroyed with my
own stubbornness and sheer
stupidity.
Look the other way and sometimes
all you will see is something worse.
I feel as though a trail of fire ants
are marching down my arm and they
are all stinging me in unison leaving
my limbs dangling and useless,
but the pain is not paralyzed.

My arm is numb but it hurts
terribly and if I could
only immerse it in ice cold water,
all the barbs from the ants would
fall out and their venom would turn 
to painkiller and I would be
saved.

The walls and ceiling are closing
in upon me and I can't
raise my arms or shield my face.
I will be crushed and as I feel
the heavy ceiling weighing slowly
down on my 
head things become clearer
and I picture myself in the
backyard of our home in
Beloeiul, they have a swimming 
pool and I see so many kids
bobbing around on the surface in
lifejackets, tethered enjoyment
with no chance of a lawsuit.
I see Coyote there and one part
of me wishes I was with him,
the dominant part of my being
is too afraid to go in the water
with that many children,
so I watch from a distance
and spit into the blades of grass.
There are "dents de leon" growing
everywhere and I can't spit on them all. 

MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment