Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lost Positive Thoughts

LOST POSITIVE THOUGHTS 
PM14001

I looked very hard for my positive
attitude this morning but it was nowhere
to be found.
It wasn't under the bed when I awoke,
nor on the bedside table where the alarm
clock I had smashed in disgust lay
blinking at me in some kind of bizarre
flirt.
As usual, the underwear and sock drawer
was not giving up any of its' private
secrets, especially on a day like today,
and the stairs once again had nothing to
offer me except maybe a potential way
to break my neck if the need arose.
I looked for solace in a cup of fresh brewed
coffee, made disgusting by adding skim milk,
who the fuck puts skim milk in coffee
and is there anyone else in the world besides
me who has to?
I knew what the answer was before I posed
the question, but nonetheless,
I asked the cat,
I asked her to tell me the secrets of the
universe, the sought after musings of the
mystics of the Himalayas, and most importantly,
I asked how I could develop a
positive attitude just for the day.
She looked at me and smiled, in that way
only a cat can.
She opened her mouth and began to speak,
I waited, the hair on the back of my head stood
up straight......
"MEOW"
Not even an explanation point needs to be
added after that as there was little exclaiming,
I gave her a few whiskas and sent her out
the door where she ran off to chase something.
Dejected, and feeling far more negative I
finished my disgusting coffee and proceeded
out the door, today, of all days,
I wasn't paying particular attention to anyone,
not my surroundings, nothing,
it wasn't until two blocks too late that I realized
I was on the wrong bus,
the wrong fucking bus, I hurried off and
had to walk back two blocks to get on another
one, I wasn't late, but I was disturbed that I
had never done that before,
I now sit at work, eyes open, but I am somewhere
else, and my search for a positive attitude towards the
day, disappears until tomorrow morning.


MCC





1 comment:

  1. muy bueno el blog!!! :) empiezo a recorrer cual puertita de Narnia :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete