Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 17, 2012

CONSIDERATION


CONSIDERATION  PM2356



Looking in the mirror I noticed orange and
purple kool-aid stains on the upper lip,
dried sugar lasting the whole day from an
unwillingness to wash my face even when
it made me look like a clown. Wash it off the
feline way even though I am standing 
right in front of a bathroom sink, soap in
the soap holder,
washcloth on the towel rack,
but I licked it off with my tongue anyway,
contrasting to the saline solution mixed with
pubic hair and sweat that still lines
the insides of my mouth.
How long can I stay in the bathroom
with the door locked, not wanting to venture
out into the questionable safety of the house
where there is no where to hide,
not under the bed or behind the couch,
not in an upstairs closet or even in the
basement under the table saw,
not enough sawdust to absorb the moisture,
the fear sweat, perhaps nothing left on my
skin will ever be removed. It hurts my teeth and
I see one has become jagged, one of the big ones in 
the back, but I no longer care,
my mouth is no longer mine.

I am no longer responsible for what goes on
inside there, neither do I care about the pain
that has begun to hollow it out.
It is no longer mine, but the pain is mine
to be removed or to suffer at will,
a crochet hook or a knitting needle are the
most apt tools to wreak my own form of destruction.
Wincing, I accept the pain at the gumline hoping
once I have entered and the blood starts flowing it
will relieve the pressure in my jaw.
Later I mix my own paste of cocaine and poppy seeds,
and apply it to the wounds that I have inflicted.
The wounds have covered the scars,
the scars I knew were there but I could never
see, once, very young, I don't remember
the age, I dipped my fingers in turpentine and
then tried to rub them on my gums. I must
have thrown up for hours, I was so ill, dry-heaving
until dawn, they kept me home from school the
next day, to me a punishment, I just wanted to
get the hell out of the house. Smoke helped after a 
while but the tobacco smell reminded me of that stale
mouth, I even smoked Benson and Hedges Menthol 100's
to banish the memory but it had the opposite
effect and mixed with Laurentide it made me
throw up even more, the inside of my mouth
has become Terra Incognito,
it has seen way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment