Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Comfort Music


PM MMCCIV

Comfort Music

The insomnia had become unbearable,
I became Switters,
stolen directly from a Tom Robbins novel,
I transport my way to the Iraqi desert
accompanied by a group of nuns,

Why not come over?
You'll meet my mother
You'll meet my sister
You'll like my brother
Really you will...

I lie back and try to listen
without emotion
then a certain lyric
thuds in my mind and sets off the explosion
heavy zap, it creates a tear,
and I can't breathe.

Then she said,
I'm learning English
I can say "thank you"
I think I like you
Do you like my band-aid?
I hope you do...

I choke back but can't control,
I am with the nuns in the desert,
they believe in me and understand
where I am coming from.
but not where I'm going,
I cry uncontrollably.

Oh, oh, oh, oh
I am not busy
I'm free to travel
Where are you going?
Maybe you'll take me
I hope you do...

I finally gain control
and choke back the bile,
my throat is beyond my control
yet I can swallow a sob,
the nuns understand yet they
still can't help,
some are still confused
and I am at a loss to help them,
we change the song.

Oh, oh, she asked me
Do you know Vinnie?
He used to like me
I speak good English
I'm bathing with Peter
Pick me, I'm clean...

Once again I think I have won,
yet I know I will fall back under the
same spell and lose control,
I will lose control
but the voice that sends me
to the edge will also bring me
back,
and deposit me back on the
shore of the desert
with the nuns.
I have been rescued
but not saved.

Vinnie goes bare-back
Peter goes wet-back
Denny goes way back
Eddie should get back
Pick me I'm clean...


Don't listen to music I have been
told.
don't fall into the trap
where you risk it all by sobbing
uncontrollably
on the subway,
like some homeless tourette's
sufferer,
salty tears to wash the face
and scowls from the old woman
whose husband paid taxes all his life
and then happily died just to get
away.
The crying is my humanity
not my sentence to have it
taken away,
try explaining that to a guy
beside you on the bus,
nobody likes emotional men,
way too much explaining to do.

MCC


(Pick Me I'm Clean, strange "go to" song
credit to;
Frank Zappa (lead guitar, vocals)
Ike Willis (rhythm guitar, vocals)
Ray White (rhythm guitar, vocals)
Steve Vai (rhythm guitar, vocals)
Warren Cucurullo (rhythm guitar, vocals)
Denny Walley (slide guitar, vocals)
Tommy Mars (keyboards, vocals)
Peter Wolf (keyboards)
Bob Harris (keyboards, trumpet, vocals)
Ed Mann (percussion)
Arthur Barrow (bass, vocals)
Vinnie Colaiuta (drums))




No comments:

Post a Comment