Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 5, 2013

SHATTERING GLASS

Shattering Glass
PM 1310044


A slight disenchantment coupled with a complete
lack of interest, I can't tell and I can't put the
jigsaw puzzle together. I must be really stupid
or perhaps just completely insane,
I have trouble putting the two together and more
trouble admitting that I am neither.

I used to be strong, or at least I thought I
was, I can't move around like I used to
and nothing gravitates to me anymore,
I am giving off anti-matter,
and I don't know what it is.
how can I be giving something off if I 
don't know what it is?
I guess I just know that I am emanating
something and people just know enough to stay
away from it.

I used to be able to thread a needle at arms
length, but now if I don't have my glasses
on there is very little, if no, sewing being done in my
life. I can't fix a button and I never knew how
to repair a zipper,
Who does anymore?

No point in crying, salty tears only leave
streaks and sometimes it hurts to wash your
face, battery acid pools in the wrinkles,
scouring them for certain but not the
kind of clean you were looking for.

The bench in the park seems the most
likely place to take that load off,
watch as the world passes you by
instead of making any effort to become a part
of it, each passerby leaves behind something
in their wake, your choice whether to make
a positive catch or not, let out the fishing line
and don't try to hook anything,
let something bite your hook.

I lay awake all night and wonder how I will
make it through the next month,
do I have the where with all to imagine the amount
of scenarios it takes to make a complete day?
There are so many holes in the universe
and each step is a risk and a victory at the
same time. Walking on glass is not a metaphor
to be used wisely especially for those who live
in glass houses.

Feel the glass crack under your feet and
wonder when its going to break, what is
underneath to break your fall, will it save
you, will you kill it or will it kill you,
its too far to move off the glass
so you have to take the next step.


MCC



No comments:

Post a Comment