Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 5, 2013

AMBER LIGHT

Amber Light
PM 1310042


The light has switched from red to green
to yellow a number of times but I
am unable to move forward when it
goes green and by the time I manage to
coax it forward just a little the light has
switched back to red.
I am in trouble, all signs point to
just go through the red light and hope
for the best,
face the consequences when you get there,
and if nobody sees you, you will be safe until
the next set of lights,
it never crosses your mind to take the car in
and get it fixed,
solve the problem before you get to the light
and then they will all turn green in unison
and you can sail right through
unimpeded.

Why do I wallow in such stubbornness 
when I could easily soar above the land
and watch it as it blends everything up
into the turmoil that is life.
I feel it deep inside me, scraping the insides
and absorbing the refuse
instead of rejecting it.

How can I soar above such an ugly plain
and why does the fog always choose to
roll in just as I am preparing to lift
the front wheels off the tarmac.
Somebody left the side doors open and
now all the refuse of the world is pouring
in, unchecked,
and I can't keep up with it all.
I don't even want to, and as I watch it
flow by I realize that sooner or later it will
clear itself up and run opaque again,
I can't keep adding to it forever,
so if I stop it had to rejuvenate on its'
own, I am not in control, I never will
be so as I lay next to it I can only
pray that goodness will one day come through
and the stream will run free and clean.

Talk about biting off more than I could
ever chew, a small weight lifts off my
insides and reminds me again that I was
once a child,
but on that thought the darkness sets in and
the child I never knew is dead,
he never had a chance,
born without a bullet-proof vest
I took way too many shots to the head.


MCC


No comments:

Post a Comment