Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 9, 2013

FEAR SWEAT

FEAR SWEAT
PM0906131





The red light flashed and a buzzer rang,
but I ignored the customs guy and tried
to nonchalantly walk out the door.
Not today, I was called back and sent into
a room with my luggage.

Screw this, I thought, I'm not in a hurry,
and I don't have anything illegal,
I just want to get the fuck out of here.
I can't take it anymore.
I waited and I waited,
what a bunch of assholes, I just wanted
to get out and have a smoke,
I had been on the plane for hours and if
they had let me outside for two minutes I would
have happily sat there for hours as they tore
through my suitcases looking for heroin and ecstasy,
or whatever it was they thought I was trying
to smuggle back in.

I had lots of alcohol, maybe twenty bottles of wine,
but that's not what they were hunting,
why should they care about alcohol,
and the worst-case scenario was they would take it
away or charge duty on it,
fuck them, whichever they decided, just make the
decision and let me get the hell out of there.

I put on my most uncooperative face and just
sat there as if I had all the time in the
world, which I did, but then again,
I didn't.

I smiled as they pawed through my dirty 
clothes, they looked for secret compartments,
and they even opened my notebooks to see if
they could decipher what was on my mind.
Nothing.... doodles, swastikas are not illegal, we
are not in Germany or Israel,
frown and suck in your breath all you
want, I have done nothing wrong.
I answer the questions that I have not listened
to or understood and I wonder what they really
think of me. They are so interested in my notebook
and I can't help but laugh at the irony, I have 
tried so hard to get people to read what I have
written, but there are so few takers, yet these idiots
seem to be glued to every word, every pen stroke
every nuance, they didn't spend this much time
on my laptop for crying out loud and there could have
downloaded upskirt pics in there that
could have raised an eyebrow or two. Finally
they close my bag, look at me as though they are about
ready to spit and then they send me on my way
with a wave and a scowl, oh that cigarette was Heaven.


MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment