Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 19, 2012

COVER-UP

Cover-Up

pm 1203192


Some crying in the darkness, whimpering
I cover my ears but I can still hear it
clear as day.
A whimper of suffering, pain,
pain by torture, or torture of the heart,
human beings have devised so many
forms yet the cries remain the same,
lost loves imitate having your fingernails
torn out and you lose the ability to
differentiate between the two.
Free yourself from mental pain and the
physical becomes the easy part.
Hack off a limb and they sew it back
on, painkillers are free to those who
suffer from limb-loss, how could they not
be, injured brains that deserve just as
much numbing are afforded nothing
and brain synapses once removed cannot
be reattached or sewn back on,
morphine can cover up a lost testicle
but what's to be done about a lost soul
and where will they find a place
to rest without an intact soul to
confirm your reservation?

The cloud has moved in from the horizon
and covers us all with a fine mist,
we are witness to the lack of being,
the lack of love and the lack of
trust, I feel it as deeply as a three-ring
circus, far too difficult to watch
all three at the same time, I concentrate
on one and hope thats where the real
show is about to take place.

The tent top billows and I know there
is a storm outside yet here in my chair
the rain has yet to permeate the
canvas or filter through my skin to the
bones. I have won but I too have lost
so much, way too much, unable to buy
any of it back. I search anew for something
different and only end up pining more
for what I have lost.
It startles me to think about the cost of
what is left to buy and how I never
covered what was left in my savings
I was ruined before I was born,
as was the rest of the world,
don't write a cheque that won't be accepted
at the liquor store and don't feel anything
when you are expected to be at your worst.



No comments:

Post a Comment