Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 19, 2012

AMBROSIA SALAD

Ambrosia Salad

pm 1203193


No links to the past make it impossible
to imagine any kind of future, yet if your
past is so black some of the images are blurred
beyond recognition and you lose any ability
to make sense of your present situation.
I have landed on the moon and as I
stepped out onto the surface I suddenly
realize it is not made of cheese
as I had been told as a child.
In a way I had been lied to but I had also
been left by myself hoping I would figure
out the truth on my own. I waited too long
but at any age its hard to believe that you
had been lied to and had accepted it as fact.
Naturally I had discovered that fact by myself
I didn't need anyone to tell me,
avoiding a very embarrassing conversation,
but I did feel a good deal of disloyalty when
I discovered the truth. Peter Pan, the same
thing, I don't know what the time difference
was figuring the two situations out but I'm 
sure I came to both realizations more or less
simultaneously and I was just as
disillusioned with each epiphany.
I kept these visions to myself for the longest time.

Who wants to admit they are a complete 
idiot at any time and especially when you
are at such a young and impressionable age.
I didn't feel as though I had made the cut
and I still don't, believing I am somewhat
inferior to most people even tough I make it
a point to show bravado whenever possible.
Still, I can't go to the currency exchange
and trade in anything, they just won't take
it anymore and they laugh at me through the
bullet-proof glass as I slide the useless bills
back into my wallet and make a hasty retreat
out the back entrance.

I could also hear them laughing all the
way to the parking lot, and each time I
happen on a lonely brick, placed there by
God, perhaps, and I have to bury the need
to hurl it back at the glass door.
The laughter is always incessant and it
bothers me a lot more than I think it should.
It gets into my head, only removable by
an ice pick, the tag always says and I have
yet to test the observation.
I argue with myself that I can't be alone
and how can I be depressed with all that laughter
whirling about in my head.



No comments:

Post a Comment