Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 19, 2012

AIR

AIR

PM 120319



What was once crystal-clear has become
cloudy and into the clouds is a Marco
Polo-type adventure, measured by some as 
eternal and long lasting, not fair to us,
that we have run out of lands to discover
and ocean currents to ride into nowhere,
only the wind remains and in the far reaches
of the mind can we travel yet there is so much
fear, a multitude of fears, weighed down by
too many misgivings and tons of regret.
A well-orchestrated fishing trip into my inner
being becomes dangerous as if a storm cloud
had come upon me suddenly and I am lost
at sea without a sail or a hook.

Blindly we pursue the monsters who lead us
out into the deepest waters where there is no
escape and then drown us at their leisure.
How can I possibly exist at this point in the 
universe, am I only taking up space that
someone else is waiting in line to occupy.
Why must I be removed to make room for
someone who has not yet earned the right to
be here and is only going to occupy this chair by
sheer chance, or even luck, if you could ever call 
being where I am as lucky. I stare down the
hall, it is so wide and long and empty,
completely devoid of anything except 
for air and space,
even the air could take a much-needed break
and only I would notice it, but I
could always open the door and let more
air in.

The walls are grey with dust and dirty
with ugliness, yet they have served their
original purpose, to keep other things out
and they have done it well.
I can use the doors but life can't, it
must be directed through and all remains
the same to the walls no matter what type
of biological profanity is occupying the chairs
inside. The fans blow the air around
and out the doors or back up into the
fan only to be blown around again.
The same words that have flown out of
thousands of mouths echoes through the
fans until they are expelled out the door
and up into the sky, into the blue, being careful
not to be caught up in the branches of the
trees lest they dislodge a leaf or strip
away a piece of bark that is trying to 
contain some of the goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment