Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Caution ! Star Trek Spoiler




   We went and saw the new Star Trek movie yesterday. I was very impressed by the acting from such a young cast. The special effects were great and I did leave the theatre wanting more.
However......

   The story, while intriguing and even spell-binding left a little too much for the imagination. I am not a big fan of the whole "space-time continuum" thing. I understand the premise but I just feel bombarded by all the paradoxes and become so confused easily with all the "what ifs" and "did all that make sense" that I feel as though I was somehow overcharged to see the movie as I had to do a lot of the work!

   I was never a "Trekkie" but I did enjoy the show as a child and continued into adulthood following all the movies and a mild interest in the Next Generation. The "new Spock" in the movie is very loyal to the original Nimoy character except they add a little masculinity and also perhaps a little more humanity. He has become a much more likable human and his more gritty perception makes him so much more interesting than a regular science officer.

   I expected a sexier Uhura but I did appreciate the green Star Fleet cadet Kirk was trying to "get with".
  

No comments:

Post a Comment