Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 23, 2012

MEDITATE

MEDITATE

PM 1212231



Patterns on the wall
move quickly as does the arm
of the Chinese car in the Sky
Hair Salon.

I lean back in the chair as the
new-age Chinese music is broadcast
into one ear suddenly enveloping
my entire head with its' chiming and
light pulls at the strings of a guitar.
I block out the words as I don't
understand them but they are as
important to me as the accompanying music.

I am in a trance yet I can't
force my brain to stop moving.
Zapping from one place to another
in a wild firestorm of thought,
good versus evil and the final
countdown in a race that has no
ending.

I feel myself sink deeper into the chair
and the music actually slows down
to almost a drawl as I feel my
eyelids become heavy, not sure whether I
am being put to sleep by the
chanting or whether the incessant snipping
from the scissors or buzzing from the
shears is the actual culprit to
my ennui.

I am asleep, there is a clock
ticking in the background but I
can't focus enough to discover where
it belongs. My eyelids are heavy and
I fear I can't open them.
I try but they press down relentlessly
and I fear there is a straight razor
closing in on my neck and
my end must be near

Finally I get them opened and 
the cat is still waving at me,
Chinese symbols emblazon the front
but I am too shy to ask what
they mean but I'm sure the cat is
only transmitting warm messages.
I can open my eyes wide now
and I can discern the white noise
coming from the cd player as the
music comes to an end.
Lights are bright and there's more
hair on the floor than there was
before.

I long to go back into the same 
trance and feel the noisy silence
once more slip into the innermost
corners of my mind.
I also wonder if they turn off
the cat at night or if it is left
running twenty four hours a day?


MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment