Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 23, 2012

BONNY SNEAKER

BONNY SNEAKER
PM1212233



I woke up in the closet, it
was dark, too drunk to
remember much, burning taste of
Scotch and cigarettes
still lingering in my throat,
trying to move but a throbbing
headache kept me pinned to the 
blanket I had lain out on the floor.
Softly, a knocking at the door
and a quick question.
"Are you in there?"
I coughed in response and
heard the handle slowly turning
and a beam of light shone in when
the door opened a crack.
I cowered in the corner, not sure
why but pretty sure I had every
right and reason to be cowering.
"What are you doing in there?"
she asked.
"Just taking a nap,"
I replied, what the fuck did it look like?
"You know I had to take a cab home."
She said.
I knew it but I didn't really care,
we had both driven in separate cars
anyway so I didn't see how it
made a difference.
"How come you left?"
She asked.
I considered telling her the truth,
something like, well because she
was acting like a stuck-up bitch
but my head was too sore to get
into a fight.
"I wasn't feeling well, so I just
went home."
was all I could muster.
"You could have told me, I was worried."
I'm sure she was real fucking worried,
I wondered how long it took her before
she even realized I was gone.
"I just didn't want to ruin your night,"
I said,
"You couldn't have driven me home anyway."
She was fully inside the room by now.
"Just forget it."
I said.
"I'm just tired, I need some sleep."
"I had to leave early because of you, I missed
the best part of the night."
She whined.
That was enough.
"Stop being such a spoiled
rotten little bitch,"
I yelled.
The running shoe hit me right in
the middle of the forehead and sobered
me up in a second.
I looked directly into her eyes and I
saw evil.
She stomped off leaving the shoe on the
floor beside me.
There was a small knife on
the floor and then I noticed I had cut
my chest again.
More scars.


MCC

No comments:

Post a Comment